’t Hart was established by Simon Simonszoon Mesch on Zusterlaan (now Gasthuislaan) in 1678. His children took over the pottery in 1713: first Simon, then Martina, and finally Dirk.
Dirk sold ’t Hart to Philippus van den Boogaart in 1745. The new owners expanded the site of the pottery several times.
Hendrik van Middeldijk sold the company in 1762 and it ceased trading eight years later.
 Hoekstra-Klein, part 5: 65