Ary Hansen de Milde became a master potter in 1687 and four years later he opened De Gecroonde Theepot. The pottery was housed in a building known as De Jeneverboom on Noordeinde. A few decades before, De Milde had worked with Samuel van Eenhoorn, who would later become proprietor of De Grieksche A.
After De Milde’s death his daughter Elisabeth de Milde ran the company with her husband Willem Lardijn. In 1724 Elisabeth moved to Rotterdam and De Gecroonde Theepot closed.
 Hoekstra-Klein, part 17: 141