De Roos pottery opened on the west side of Noordeinde in 1661. A 1662 tenancy agreement reveals that the tenant was obliged to maintain the kiln and the equipment associated with it and take care of the clay washery. Materials like fired and unfired pots were also acquired by the tenant for a price based on their estimated value.
The fire inspection of 1668 found one kiln at the pottery. The company would change ownership 17 times during its existence, and missed its two hundredth anniversary by just three years.